Sometimes we look at sights in nature but don't really see. While hiking in the woods the other day, it became a realization that we need to open our heart and eyes to see the beauty of the simple things in nature with each season. There is so much order and purpose in His creation. God has given us awesome beauty in this world to see and enjoy... if we would but stop to see and feel it. Join us as this blog is about stopping to see the real beauty around us...to touch and feel it... "Through the Lens".

Our Friends

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Yearly Coach Service

                       DSC01816

Friday Gerri & I took the motor home to Coachcraft by McDonald to have some service work done. This was our yearly engine service so we had all that done and also had the generator serviced. We had a few other issues for them to check out and fix while we were there. On our way from our host job at FDR State Park, the front windshield on the passenger side had a rock bounce up and crack the windshield. The crack was about the size of a silver dollar, so we couldn’t do the window repair. Since we were going to be at the shop for service, we had them order the glass and replace the windshield while they had it in the shop for service. Luckily, the windshield was covered by the insurance company with no deductible….Whew, lucky us. Well, we waited for several hours for them to get the work done but at least they had a good waiting room. With all the service work done and the other small items we had them fix, we managed to drop $5 dollars shy of $1,000. OUCH!  Well, it needed to be done and if not, it could end up being much more in the long run.

                                                   DSC03068

                                                   DSC03067

Today, we went to Church and had a great worship service. I really enjoy the lessons we learn about our relationship with God. He is an Awesome God! The rest of the day, we just chillaxed and enjoyed being outside in this beautiful weather.

                                                       DSC03063

20 comments:

  1. Wow, almost a thousand dollars! I guess if it's an annual service, and you had other things done, too, it's not as bad as it sounds. I'm always shocked by the total when I bring my CAR in, so I can imagine it's worse with a motor home. Still, ouch!
    Nice bird shots. I love the one with the bird poking it's head into the hole. Photography is so much about timing, isn't it?
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. We did the same thing, minus the windshield, last spring. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Wonderful pics again! Have a great week ahead, Mike and Gerri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to get maintenance and repairs taken care of even though it's hard on the pocketbook.

    I'm glad you experienced another good church service!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear your windshield replacement was covered by insurance with no deductible. I guess that helps to make up a bit for the service work costs. In the long run, though, proper maintenance of these rigs always pays off in less trouble and expense 'down the road'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy 10 10 10 to you and Gerri!..sounds like another perfect day for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. $1000, ouch! At least the windshield was free. Enjoy the nice weather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the nature pictures!!

    Hugs Cindy and Walker

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures again, and yes a MH can be quite an expense to keep in top shape, but you are right, if you defer maintenance in the long run the repairs are more costly,Thank you so much for your support, I guess I was foolish enough to think that I was tough enough to try and keep inside my feelings of grief. I hope I am learning to deal with this while I am here in PA. Bless you guys for being who you are. Be safe out there. Sam & Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! Glad that windshield repair was covered by insurance! Love the pics, especially the heron. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a good weekend except the $1000 part but you have to keep it in good shape.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yeah, when you "pull" or "drive" your house you need to keep on top of it!! McGuyver is pretty good at SOME maintainance, but certainly not all of it!...As usual, great photos....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I especially like that first nuthatch picture. I'll be holding my breath when they give me the bill for repairs here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of these posts about repairs and maintenance are good for us "wannabes" It reminds us we had better have a cash stash for such things in our budget.

    For about the last year I have had $100 taken out of my checking every week and put into a "unknown emergency fund." I guess I will keep it up as a repair fund. (I've only tapped into it once to make a loan to my son for one of his emergencies. Hopefull I will be getting that back soon.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the pictures of the birds today. Repairs are getting to be a big part of our live too. Stay safe..

    ReplyDelete
  15. is the a brown creeper or do you know, maybe a nuthatch...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ah - we did some shopping today including having oil and filter changed in truck. I was feeling broke until I read you just spent a GRAND. So now I feel I had company in opening that old wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Always love coming here! That Heron pic is really excellent! The service work is out of the way at least, sorry it was so much but it is great that you didn't have any windshield expense! Very much agree with you also, God is Awesome!

    -Mike
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete
  18. That kinda cash output can hurt abit, however on our Grand Cherokee, it's almost as bad if you follow the service scedule. So really not to bad on a big rig like yours.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking your time to read our blog and to share with us your thoughts and comments. We really do appreciate hearing from you.